Crockpot Chicken Noodle SoupDifficulty: Easy
2 lbs chicken thighs
4 stalks celery, chopped
25 baby carrots, chopped
1 large onion chopped + 1 tsp onion powder
1 tbsp minced garlic + 1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp parsley
3 quarts chicken broth
24 oz bag frozen egg noodles
1/2 cup flour
1 cup cold water
2 tbsp heavy cream
Fresh parsley (optional)
Fresh lemon juice (optional)
- Cook for 5 hrs on low. Grab a separate bowl and remove chicken thighs and 1 cup broth.
- Shred chicken with two forks, cover with foil and set aside.
- Dump noodles into crockpot and stir.
- Mix flour with cold water, and whisk until smooth, no lumps, then pour into crockpot.
- Add heavy cream and stir. Continue cooking on low for 1 more hour, then return chicken to pot and serve.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice if you desire!