Banana BreadDifficulty: Medium
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 cups sifted flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 large bananas
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1 tablespoon melted butter
- Place softened butter and sugar into large mixing bowl. Mix, using hand mixer or stand mixer on medium speed 1-2 minutes, or until butter mixture is pale yellow, light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Mix in remaining dry ingredients.
- Beat in bananas.
- Add nuts (optional).
- Pour mixture into a greased and floured 9x5x3 loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes.
- While bread is still warm, brush with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- We double (and sometimes triple!) this recipe and make it in large pans to cut and serve like cake! Everyone loves it!