Banana BreadDifficulty: Medium
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 cups sifted flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 large bananas
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1 tablespoon melted butter
- Place softened butter and sugar into large mixing bowl. Mix, using hand mixer or stand mixer on medium speed 1-2 minutes, or until butter mixture is pale yellow, light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Mix in remaining dry ingredients.
- Beat in bananas.
- Add nuts (optional).
- Pour mixture into a greased and floured 9x5x3 loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes.
- While bread is still warm, brush with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- We double (and sometimes triple!) this recipe and make it in large pans to cut and serve like cake! Everyone loves it!
Looks delicious!! Definitely going to try this recipe! You all are awesome!
Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing 🙂
Looks so yummy!! I am so making this!!
This recipe looks delicious!! I am definitely going to try it!
May i ask if you are using all purpose flour in the recipe? Thank you!
Yes, all-purpose flour!
Okay, I think I may just be able to pull this recipe off! It looks sooo yummy!