Hearty Chili RecipeDifficulty: Medium
This chili recipe is one of our family favorites. We’ve made it at least 3x in the last two weeks because, for one, it’s so yummy, and two—it’s easy to whip up. Give it a try. It will not let you down.
1 large onion, diced
1 bulb of garlic (6-9 cloves), minced
2 lbs ground beef
1 green pepper, diced
8oz can tomato sauce
3 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
15 oz can red kidney beans
15 oz can pinto beans
28 oz can crushed tomatoes
28 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- In large pot, sauté onion and garlic, then add ground beef and cook till brown.
- Add green pepper, tomato sauce, and spices, and mix well, cooking for another min or two.
- Then add remaining ingredients—kidney beans, pinto beans, crushed tomatoes and diced tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with cheese and sour cream if you like! Enjoy!