Hearty Chili RecipeDifficulty: Medium
This chili recipe is one of our family favorites. We’ve made it a least 3x in the last two weeks because, for one, it’s so yummy, and two— it’s easy to whip up. Give it a try. It will not let you down.
1 large onion, diced
1 bulb of garlic (6-9 cloves), minced
2 lbs ground beef
1 green pepper, diced
8oz can tomato sauce
3 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
15 oz can red kidney beans
15 oz can pinto beans
28 oz can crushed tomatoes
28 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- In large pot, sauté onion and garlic, then add ground beef and cook till brown.
- Add green pepper, tomato sauce, and spices, and mix well, cooking for another min or two.
- Then add remaining ingredients—kidney beans, pinto beans, crushed tomatoes and diced tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with cheese and sour cream if you like! Enjoy!