Jinger’s Kitchen: Chicken Tacos
We’ve learned a lot about tacos after living in Texas and California! These are some of our favorites to make, and we know you’ll love them, too!
8 Boneless skinless chicken thighs
2 Bell peppers
1 Yellow onion
1/4 Cup mozzarella cheese
- Drizzle olive oil in a large skillet and place the chicken thighs in the skillet over medium heat. Cook for 8 minutes or until golden brown then flip and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 170°.
- Dice the bell peppers and onions and place them in skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Sauté then set aside.
- Place tortillas in a skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add mozzarella cheese to one side. Cook until crispy.
- Garnish with pico de gallo (and maybe a bit of extra cilantro and lime).
- Recipe for Pico de Gallo:
3 roma tomatoes
1/2 yellow onion
Salt (if you’d like)
Steps the Make Pico: Dice the tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, and cilantro and mix them together. Squeeze a bit of lime juice and that’s it!